Friday, November 27, 2009

Day 1 Paleo Challenge

Today is Day 1 of the Paleo Challenge at Crossfit Rebellion. I think most all of the gym members are on board. Yesterday (Thanksgiving) was a pig-out fest on my account, and I'm sure the other gym members did the same. I don't want to forget the miserable feeling I felt yesterday afternoon after eating WAAAAAAY too much turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, broccoli casserole, and then all of it smothered in giblet gravy. Don't get me wrong...it was mm-mm-good, that's fo sho! But the after effects were debilitating. I topped my Thanksgiving feast off with 2 pieces of chocolate chip pecan pie. Needless to say I did not have to eat dinner last night since I was still stuffed (no pun intended), but I managed to put one more piece of chocolate cake down the gullet for "last meal's" sake.

Today is a new day! And I'm looking forward to the 28 days ahead! My first improvement of today is I did not use heavy whip in my coffee, although I'm dying to do so. It's my one treat. But I will make every improvement I can for the challenge.

I'm going nuts for some new veggie recipes, other than roasted veggies, however everything I've found is time-consuming. Today I'm going to make a bunch of veggie fritters and I'll roast some butternut squash. They are both time-consuming, but I have plenty of time today since I am not working and I'm sure as heck not going to the mall! I'll post pics of my veggie fritters and butternut squash along with the recipes a little later.

Until then.....

1 comment:

  1. hey! I like your blog! I just started the 30 day paleo challenge, and I'm wondering how it went for you...did you finish the whole thing?

    ReplyDelete