Monday, November 30, 2009

Day 4

Paleo Challenge Day 4. I have to admit Saturday and Sunday afternoons I almost caved. The chocolate chip pecan pie was calling my name. I did everything in my power yesterday to avoid the Paleo pitfall, which means I ate continuously all. day. long. But at least it was all Paleo foods.

I made a beef brisket yesterday morning. I marinated it in a fabulous marinade courtesy of Amber. Here it is, somewhat tweaked to my tastes:

lime juice from 2 limes
lime zest from the above limes
minced garlic - 2 spoonfuls on each side
about 1 tsp of curry paste - 1 on each side
cumin
celtic sea salt and pepper
i rubbed all into the meat on both sides and refrigerated for a day.

I also got around to cooking the country sausage I ordered from Boutwell Farms. It is da*n good! I can't get enough of it! Although my ordering experience from them was not a good one, I might have to give them another chance simply so I can continue ordering the country sausage!

And then last night, I made the Paleo ice cream treats. I posted the recipe a few days ago, but here it is again:

1 can coconut milk, full fat
2 cups frozen blueberries
1 tbsp vanilla extract (I think this is Paleo?)
Mix together and freeze in muffin cups

The above recipe got me over the chocolate chip pecan pie hump last night.

Tonight will be the first wod since last Tuesday at the gym....we'll see how the Thanksgiving cheat day treats me!

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting....I am liking the name Paleodivas! BTW, this in Laura, using david's account as usual. I did the same, ate to much junk and remembered how horible I felt after that.

    if I want to jumpstart into Paleo, do you have any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura!
    Jumpstart into Paleo? Hmmm...well I went from Dr. E's Healing Diet into Paleo, so it was pretty easy for me. I just nixed the dairy and inserted fruit. If you do zone, though, which I think you do, you will have no problems. Go to the sites that I posted on my first entry. Here they are again:
    http://www.thepaleodiet.com/ and http://robbwolf.com/
    Also I have some pdf files that are good to read from some CF folks. Send me an email and I'll send to you coriwatts@gmail.com

    Basically lean meats, veggies, nuts, fruits in moderation, olive oil, and spices/seasonings. Use salt sparingly (and a good Celtic Sea Salt at that), no vinegar, artificial sweeteners, etc. Coffee is supposed to be black. Amber used to do Zone, so I think the transition was easy for her. You dont' have to worry about weighing/measuring on paleo, however if you want to do Paleo/Zone, it is acceptable. But I can't help you with that. i've never done Zone...I'm not someone that's gonna weigh/measure my food.

    I can tell you that your CF times and strength will improve dramatically. You will be amazed!!!!!! (Dang...I want to beat you...if you start doing Paleo, I'm screwed! Ha!)

    Love ya girlie! Glad you're back at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am moving in that direction and will be following your blog! Any thoughts on Coconut oil?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coconut oil is the BOMB! Plus it's good to put on your skin, too! Check out the recipe on my post for today, December 2nd. It has coconut oil in it! :)

    ReplyDelete