Monday, April 12, 2010

Paleo....?brownies?

Shane from CFR has a fab girlfriend. He is Paleo, she is not. HOWEVER, she IS a Paleo-FRIENDLY girlfriend that researches fun new recipes to satisfy his sweet tooth! She found a paleo brownie recipe, in which I was skeptical at first especially since I've found loads of paleo brownie, cakes, cookies, pies, etc "recipes" only to be disappointed when I got down to the ingredient "agave nectar." The recipe that she found has agave nectar in it, BUT it is in the ICING. :) I don't need icing for my brownies!!!

Anyway, it's basically a Lara Bar, but who cares! It tastes like an ooey gooey brownie! And if we're splitting hairs here, it probably isn't technically paleo either....is powdered unsweetened cocoa TRULY paleo? Probably not, but, today...for me...it is!

Enjoy everyone! These are the easiest brownies you will EVER make!

Paleo Brownies
1 cup pitted dates
1 cup walnuts
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa

Put ingredients in a food processor and blend until finely chopped. Pour mixture into a small baking dish. Press down the mixture until formed into the dish. Put in freezer at least 30 minutes. Cut and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment