Friday, July 2, 2010

Back on the Paleo Train

Well, I'm back on the Paleo Train. I've been on a Paleo hiatus for the past three weeks. I finished the last regional event in Jacksonville on May 30th, and within three hours I was eating at the closest Cracker Barrell! I got back on the wagon the next day, stayed on it for a couple of weeks, and then life started a-happenin'...and Paleo went down the tubes. And because I wasn't training (ha, ha, no pun intended) for anything specifically, it was easy to fall of the wagon once again. There were a few days of hit or miss Paleo, but for me, it's all or nothing...

Today has been a good day so far. It's 2 p.m., and due to my Paleo diet (for today and hopefully more), I have not crashed and burned like the past few afternoons. That was the first thing about Paleo that I ever loved....I didn't crash in the afternoon after the carb-fest lunch I'd consumed. The second thing I loved - my cravings for sweet things and for sugar completely disappeared. Don't ingest it = don't want it for this sugar-holic. And the third thing I loved about Paleo is my wods didn't hurt as much.

I think going off Paleo for a minute is a good thing for me. It reminds me of how BAD I feel when I'm not eating Paleo. I have such a huge power of denial, that when I'm Paleo, it's easy to convince myself that I didn't feel THAT bad when I was eating a bunch of crap! I need these little reminders! As long as I eventually get back on that train....sooner rather than later...that's all that matters I guess. Progress IS perfection in my world. Plus it really sucks when your pants start feeling a little snug. I'm thinking I shouldn't have had that last piece of pizza last night.

3 comments:

  1. You are such a great Role Model Cori. Keep up the great work! Any words of advice for people traveling and keeping their meals paleo? I find that is the biggest challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh...travelling and Paleo...that's really difficult. luckily, i only have to go on short work trips (< 3 days), and that allows me to eat a paleo breakfast before my a.m. flight. i also stock up and carry in my suitcase lara bars (i know they aren't the best but help in a pinch!), pre-portioned nuts, and fruit. the good thing is in any hotel you can get eggs and you can always find a piece of fruit - same at the airport! sometimes, though, i've found it to be a struggle to find olive oil, since that is all i use on my salads. (what kind of restaurant does not have evoo...they are out there!) my coworker found a spray olive oil and bought some for me, so i pack that....or i find the closest store to my hotel and stock up on veggies, fruits, olive oil, etc. it is definitely a challenge, though, and sometimes, in this non-paleo world, you just have to do what you can what you're stuck in sticky situations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at the airport this morning and found a place serving breakfast buritos. They were actually making them and not pre-packaged so I requested eggs, since they were actually using real eggs. So I had 4 eggs cooked in olive oil. No salt, no butter, just eggs and oil. Took a minute for them to understand the complex, yet simple request but it ended well. They just made up a price for it since it was not a menu item.

    ReplyDelete