Thursday, July 29, 2010

how to stay positive and.....man food sure does taste good!

ok. i have a problem. food tastes SO INCREDIBLY good to me right now! it's like the loveliest thing in the world. every savory bite beckons me for more and more and MORE!!!!! i hope i don't give this baby diabetes. is that possible?

i just ate an orange scone from panera bread company. and let me tell you folks, i sat in my office chair, staring into space, enjoying every single bite...i think i might even have let out a couple of "mmmmmm"s. used to, i would eat for function. i would get my food, put it on my desk, and i would work, and take a bite, and work and take another bite. it would sometimes take me an hour or more to eat my lunch. but not anymore. my attention is 100% focused on the food. and i have to say, i'm really enjoying it. has food always been this good? have i just now realized what i've been missing?

cfr is having a nutrition challenge on saturday. it's intended to help people achieve their goals. whether you drink too many carbonated beverages or you want to go 100% strict paleo, saturday is D-day. i guess i'll join the masses. my goal will be to eat 2 out of my 3 meals as strict paleo every day. i know this doesn't sound like much, but it's progress people! progress! i think i keep making these promises on this blog, but i keep falling off the horse. i'll try to get back on once more!

to keep me motivated, my friend amber posted this on her facebook page. it is the most awesome thing i've seen in a long, long time. i will watch this video every single day...because it is the cutest thing in the world and why shouldn't we ALL do this every morning before leaving the house? I CAN DO ANYTHING GOOD!

2 comments:

  1. my goal is to go 30 days strict paleo zone... i hope i can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woot! strict paleo AND zone! you go, whoever you are! that is awesome! you will see amazing results!!!!

    ReplyDelete