Monday, July 19, 2010

another year to the crossfit games comes to an end....and the one-day paleo challenge?

well, another year of the crossfit games is over. sniff, sniff. i'm very sad b/c i love the preparation gearing up to the cf games! wow! how incredible were the athletes this year!? it was absolutely amazing! i'm truly grateful that i was able to compete in the sectionals and regionals this year, since i will definitely be "out" for next year. i felt so bad for rich froning on that last wod, bless his heart. crossfit will ALWAYS find your weaknesses. and michelle kinney did AWESOME! she is truly an amazing athlete.

so...this is week 12. i can feel my butt expanding as i sit here typing this blog post. sigh. for real, my intake of disgusting food has hit an ALERT status. we went to atlanta this weekend for a braves game and the nastiness i consumed was off the chart. last night, as i was laying on the couch with a nasty migraine (most likely from preservative, sugar, carb, and yellow number 5 overdose), i told dave i was going to be paleo starting first thing monday morning. he actually laughed at me!

me: "what? you think i can't do it?"
him, said very sarcastically: "oh babe, you can do it! i'm sure of it! (ha. ha. haaaa!)"
me: "that's not funny. i can to do it."
him: "ok...care to make it interesting then?"
me: "heck yeah! this is exactly what i need! a friendly competition to motivate me!" (i mean, i AM a crossfitter...just make something a competition and i'm game!)
him: "alright. let me think about what we'll bet."
me: "bring. it. on."

he took the trash out and when he came back in he suggested a back massage for him if i didn't stay paleo or a back massage for me if i do.

me: "how long do i have to stay paleo?"
him: "just for tomorrow." (does he really not have any faith in me at all!?)
me: "PIECE OF CAKE!" (no pun intended.)

so far today, i have remained paleo (it's only 8:19 a.m.), BUT if i have to PUKE my GUTS up from morning sickness, that is really afternoon sickness, then so be it. i am winning this competition. period. if i can get him to keep the betting up every day, then maybe i will finally get on a paleo pregnancy.

last week, i only made it to the gym twice. here are my wods.

monday - 10 pullups, 10 pushups, 10 situps, 10 squats, 10 rounds. my time was pitiful, but i'm not supposed to be worrying about that, daggumit! still, i completed the wod as rxd. it wrecked me for DAYS! on wednesday i could barely lift my arms, but it really felt great to be sore again! i think my diet had something to do with my nasty soreness.

friday - 7 min AMRAP of 7x65# power snatches, 7 pullups, rest 1 min, the 8 min AMRAP of 7x65# sdhp, 10 burpees. i got 4 rounds of each, as rxd! woot! ain't nothin' stopping this pregnant girl!

this week, i hope to make it to the gym 4 times. tonight's wod is disgusting. i think someone pissed off kyle. it's 50 thrusters 95/65#, but each time you stop, you must complete 5 knees to elbows before you start your thrusters again. i predict that i will be doing at least 25 k2e.

cravings: only paleo food items. (hahahaha...i'm trying to trick myself.)

i'll keep you posted on the one-day paleo challenge. i'm confident i will win. :)

3 comments:

  1. So Cori want to join me and Nat for lunch today? I'm thinking pizza, extra cheese. Maybe pepperoni and sausage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason: you are evil. The answer is no, but thank you. I am Paleo today. (But I'll totally meet you guys tomorrow!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you won since that hubby of yours secretly tried to sabotage you. Sorry I was inadvertently part of it! I will know better next time :)

    ReplyDelete