Friday, December 11, 2009

Cool website

Hi all! The weekend is upon us once again...yay!!!! and Booooo! I have a hard time on the weekends adhering to Paleo and lately I've been tossing around the idea of Intermittent Fasting! So how do these things relate? I was thinking that maybe Intermittent Fasting might help me through the weekends! Of course there were some other factors, but I thought the two might be beneficial for me! However before I commit to such a big statement as "I am going to fast" I thought I first must admit that I know nothing about it...sooooo I decided to do a little research.

Mark Sisson, author of "The Primal Blueprint," has a great website. www.marksdailyapple.com There are several great recipes, and it's just a fun site overall! I was able to find some solid info on the subject of IF on his site, and he was kind enough to respond to the questions I had via email. (I personally would like to thank him, because I know he is EXTREMELY busy!) I am not going to say whether I support it or not. I don't want to push my views on anyone here, especially to people who might have issues with food. I encourage you to research whether it's right for you. His article is making sense for me, especially on paleo....so here you go. Post your thoughts to comments if you feel like it, have some experience with it, etc. i'd love to hear!
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/fasting/

Have a great weekend, and stay Paleo! The challenge is now a full 2 weeks under way! Halfway there!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! So I just came across this blog and was very excited to see some new Paleo recipes to try out. As for the subject of IF, the research is pretty compelling. As a newbie to IF though, I think you're probably best starting slow. It's important to remember that there's really no "rules" as far as IF goes. Most people start with a shortened eating window..i.e. you may choose to eat an early breakfast and then fast until the evening....or you may want to try to do a 24 hour fast in which you eat dinner and then fast until the next night's dinner. Either way, you are at least eating something every day....this seems to be a good way to get over the mental hurdle of IF. Mark Sisson, Dr. Eades, and Robb Wolf all have some great info on IF if you're really interested. Anyway, thanks for the new recipes and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cori! Donovan sent me the link to your blog, so here I am :) I wanted to let you know that Robb Wolf did a podcast where he addressed the question of IF - when and how to implement it. I think it's in Episode #4. Drop me a message (FB or email) if you have questions on podcasts and how to listen/download them. Robb's site is www.robbwolf.com - and here is the link to the podcast - episode #4: http://robbwolf.com/?p=960

    ReplyDelete