Monday, December 28, 2009

Cream of Broccoli Soup

Well, I've been slacking on my blog posts. Sorry about that folks! I've actually been busy with work! :) But I promise to resume regular postings!

I finally made something yesterday to get me far, far away from those daggum roasted veggies....cream of broccoli soup! Yay! It is so increditbly delicious, relatively inexpensive and EASY to freeze! I made a big batch and put half of it in the fridge and half of it in the freezer.

Cream of Broccoli Soup
1 head of broccoli
3 cans coconut milk, full fat
1 small white onion
fresh tarragon
2 tbsp minced garlic
1/4 cup coconut oil
pinch of celtic sea salt
1 tbsp black pepper

Put coconut oil in a large saucepan, turn heat on medium high. Add finely chopped white onion, garlic, tarragon (as much as you like for taste, i used about 2 tbsp), celtic sea salt and black pepper. Sauteed until onions are transluscent. Add 3 cans of coconut milk, turn heat to medium. Chop broccoli to desired size. I chopped it pretty fine. Add to soup. Simmer on medium low heat until broccoli is soft (about 15 minutes). Add celtic sea salt to taste. If you have a good organic chicken stock, adding 1 cup of that would be absolutely delicious, and then you could eliminate the sea salt. I was out of chicken stock, so I had to go with what was in my pantry.

Hope everyone survived the holiday relatively unscathed. I only cheated one day off of Paleo, and I felt so terrible afterwards that I will not be cheating again anytime soon!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment