Monday, December 7, 2009

New Recipe

I hope everyone survived their Paleo weekend unscathed...I know Saturday and Sunday are always the hardest for me as far as staying Paleo. Yesterday, I spent about 5 hours in the kitchen in an effort to "get ahead" on my Paleo cooking since next Sunday my time will be limited. No one ever said staying Paleo was easy, but the results are worth it!

I made a fabulous pork tenderloin. I rubbed olive oil, fresh rosemary, and cracked pepper all over it and stuck it in the oven on 350 degrees for about 35 minutes. (It was about a pound) And it was DELICIOUS!

Amber sent me a recipe last night...I'm guessing she made it yesterday. Here it is:

Paleo Spaghetti
bake spaghetti squash in place of noodles (salt, peper, garlic powder, olive oil. place meat side down in glass baking dish. bake at 375 for about 20-30 minutes)
olive oil
1 can of organic whole tomatoes
1/2 can of organic tomato sauce
4 cloves garlic
black pepper
sea salt
1 zucchini
1 squash
publix greenwise hot chicken sausage
thyme
rosemary
oregano

saute garlic in olive oil. cut the sausage out of casing (discard casing) add loose sausage to olive oil and garlic. rough chop can of tomatoes and add to chicken once it is cooked thoroughly, add some of the juice from the can of tomatoes as well. add herbs, salt and pepper to taste. cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes. add the 1/2 can of tomato sauce and chopped zucchini and squash. let simmer uncovered until sauce begins to thicken. stirring frequently.

scrape out spaghetti squash and add sauce. super yummy~

Thanks Amber!

No comments:

Post a Comment